jueves, 20 de noviembre de 2014



The main reason I came to San Sebastian from Bayonne is that a local band singing in english in France goes nowhere. No one wants to listen to you unless you already have international notoriety. I had a conversation on two occasions with Hughes Aufray (a big star in France) who called me after I'd sent him a cd in which I pay hommage to Bob Dylan.  H.A. is a friend of Bob Dylan and he became popular in France singing Dylan's hits in french. He advised me to sing my songs in french which of course sounded ridiculous to me. I write my songs in english because that's how I can express my feelings better and singing Blues or Country in french is as ridiculous to me as singing Blues or Country in Chinese. French is just not the right language. I was happy to find an audience in San Sebastian, people who really know and appreciate american music.



0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario